Intravenous nutrient therapy
Intravenous (IV) therapy is the delivery of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream.
This therapy by-passes the digestive system and the liver, providing nutrients straight to the cells.
IV therapy is great for:
- Frequent colds and flus
- Anxiety and depression
- Any digestive issue such as IBS, Celiac, Crohns, ulcerative colitis, where absorption is more difficult
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
A 15 minute initial consult is required at your first IV therapy visit ($25) after which, Dr. Annie will recommend the IV that best suits your individual needs.
Life is busy, which can get in the way of proper nutrition. Our basic formulation contains B vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium, calcium and trace minerals which are great for fatigue, stress, sleep, mood, and more.
Mini Feeling Good
A shorter IV push still containing enough nutrients for a boost. Treatment lasts 20-30 minutes.
Our basic multivitamin-mineral IV with added procaine and extra B6 and magnesium. Prevention and treatment of migraines, headaches, and menstrual cramps.
(high dose vitamin C)
Vitamin C is antioxidant (prevents cell damage- anti-aging), supports the adrenal glands, the immune system, and collagen production. In higher doses, it has an anti-viral effect, great for many types of stubborn infections.
Our basic multivitamin-mineral IV with added zinc, selenium, and extra vitamin C to boost your immune system. Great as prevention or to help treat a current cold or flu.
An antioxidant/anti-aging IV. This is our basic multivitamin-mineral IV with added zinc, selenium, biotin, proline, and extra vitamin C, followed by a glutathione push for maximum detoxification, cell repair, collagen production, and skin, hair, and nail health.
As the primary antioxidant in the body, glutathione helps repair cells (anti-aging), supports liver detoxification, removes heavy metals, and boosts the immune system. Works best added on to a multivitamin-mineral IV.
Add-on to IV: $20 for 5mL, $40 for 10mL
Standalone push: $95 for 5mL, $120 for 10mL
Dr. Annie Cannon is trained in IV therapy by International IV Nutritional Therapy.
IV Therapy Tips and Instructions
In order to ensure your experience with IV therapy at Complete Health is safe, timely, and relaxing, please read and follow the following tips and instructions:
- Stay hydrated – especially if your veins are difficult to access. Drinking water helps to promote vasodilation, and is helpful to both yourself and to Dr. Annie, who will be administering your IV.
- Please ensure that you eat prior to your intravenous therapy appointment – receiving IV’s on an empty stomach can result in mild nausea.
- Be sure to pack yourself some food and water if your IV is scheduled for longer than an hour (high dose vitamin C).
- You are encouraged to use the washroom prior to your IV treatment. Before your first IV, you will be asked to give a urine sample to check kidney and liver health status to make sure IV therapy is safe.
- Feel free to bring a book, magazine, smart phone, headphones, etc. to keep yourself entertained while receiving your IV treatment.
- IV’s may be pre-mixed the day of your appointment, therefore we need ample notice (24 hours) if you need to cancel or reschedule your IV. Missed appointments or appointments cancelled within 24 hours may be charged up to 100% of the appointment fee.
- Do not move your arm connected to the IV line.
- Do not change the drip rate or move the IV bag.
- It is common to have bright yellow urine after taking supplemental B vitamins. If you are getting a glutathione IV, you may notice a sulfur smell to your urine.
Thank you for following these instructions and keeping the IV experience as safe and positive as possible!
Call Complete Health Chiropractic and Massage at 403-995-4640 or Essence Wellness Clinic at 403-383-3228 to book now!