Intravenous nutrient therapy
Intravenous (IV) therapy is the delivery of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream.
This therapy by-passes the digestive system and the liver, providing nutrients straight to the cells.
Dr. Annie Cannon is trained in IV therapy by International IV Nutritional Therapy.
IV Therapy Tips and Instructions
In order to ensure your experience with IV therapy is safe, timely, and relaxing, please read and follow the following tips and instructions:
- Stay hydrated – especially if your veins are difficult to access. Drinking water helps to promote vasodilation, and is helpful to both yourself and to Dr. Annie, who will be administering your IV.
- Please ensure that you eat prior to your intravenous therapy appointment – receiving IV’s on an empty stomach can result in mild nausea.
- Be sure to pack yourself some food and water if your IV is scheduled for longer than an hour (high dose vitamin C).
- You are encouraged to use the washroom prior to your IV treatment. Before your first IV, you will be asked to give a urine sample to check your general health status to make sure IV therapy is safe.
- Feel free to bring a book, magazine, smart phone, headphones, etc. to keep yourself entertained while receiving your IV treatment.
- IV’s may be pre-mixed the day of your appointment, therefore we need ample notice (24 hours) if you need to cancel or reschedule your IV. Missed appointments or appointments cancelled within 24 hours may be charged up to 100% of the appointment fee.
- Do not move your arm connected to the IV line.
- Do not change the drip rate or move the IV bag.
- It is common to have bright yellow urine after taking supplemental B vitamins. If you are getting a glutathione IV, you may notice a sulfur smell to your urine.
Thank you for following these instructions and keeping the IV experience as safe and positive as possible!
Call Complete Health Chiropractic and Massage at 403-995-4640 to book now!